Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Building up stash

Hi again

So I have been a little lax on the stitching this week as I have been away and just not had the time to do any crafting. I have however been building up my stash. I am relatively new to the world of cross stitching and so I have only worked on kits and one at a time. But since reading lots of lovely blogs I have seen so many charts that I just love!!!

So in the last month I have been busy buying

First I got a lovely little Winnie the Pooh calender

I just love it and it is so cute, as I dont have any children I dont know who I will stitch it for but I love it anyway so it may just stay in my stash for a few years. 

Next I got a cute little piece that I will stitch and frame for my desk in work 
I love cats and I am a tea fanatic so this is the perfect little piece for myself. 

I have also got myself a few patterns, these will be the first that I kit up myself so I have a lot to learn and wont work on these for a while. I also dont want to start them until Siberian Gold is finished as I dont think I could cope with 3 very large projects on the go at the same time. 

The first was a free pattern of the exploding Tardis. this is perfect as both myself and OH love Doctor Who and my favourite artist is Van Gough so the style is perfect :) 

 The final pattern is a Heaven and Earth Design. Oh how dangerous it was for me to find this site I am in love with so many particularly all of the Randal Spangler designs. The hard part was a/ only buying 1 and b/ deciding which to buy. I finally settled on 'So many books so little time' 
I LOVE this pattern it is so full of fun and as I am an avid reader too it just sings to me. For now I it saved on my computer but one day I will begin stitching and I will be in my happy little bubble =D

Finally I have begun working up my stash of floss, oh how I love ebay, I have had a lovely little time bidding on lots of bulk lots of thread and have got over 400 skeins for less than £30. I have yet to sort them and see what I have multiples of but definitely the nest way to build up a stash quickly and cheaply =D 

I will update again soon 

Happy stitching x





1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for the comment today. You don't have an email attached to your profile yet so you come up as a "no-reply" person. I did a post a while back about secured needle, here's the link. There are a couple of photos to show what I mean. This method only works if you are using two threads not one and can't be used with variegated threads but apart from that it is brilliant and saves me from so many lost needle!
    http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/secured-needle-stitching.html

    ReplyDelete