Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Something a little different

Hi again,

So this last week as been a little stressful and very busy with work, which is not very god for my stitching as I was just too tired by the end of the day and wanted to do nothing but sleep! But although it was bad for my stitching I did pull out my crochet again and worked on a shawl that I started at Christmas. I find that I do not need to focus so much on the crochet and so it is good for the days I am too tired to stitch =D

This is a close up of the shawl, its using the crocodile stitch which I self taught myself from YouTube videos =D


The pictures done quite show the colour properly as it is a little more purple than the picture shows and has small flecs of red and blue. The wool is Sirdar Hayfield Aran Tweed.

Im having to leave it for now as I need to order more wool, unfortunately crocodile stitch is a bit of a wool eater and although it ooks quite big in the pictures it doesn't wrap comfortably wound the shoulders yet. I am also planning to add a fringe  to the bottom alternating purple and cream, I hope it will look as good as it does in my head =D

TTFN!  



No comments:

Post a Comment